Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot use database on certain machines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazing66

Programmer
Jul 10, 2001
AU
I have created an Access 97 db and subsequently created an MDE file from this. This application runs perfectly on my machine, however when an attempt is made to run this application on certain other machines (also running Access97) the app falls over, citing error messages as follows:

#1: "There is no object in this control" and
#2: "The expression On Load you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Automation error.
* The expression may not result in the name of a user defined function or [Event Procedure]
* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro.

The only code I have in the form 'On Load' event is:
Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
    DoCmd.Maximize
    cmdRunReport.Enabled = False
End Sub

I have tried commenting this Form_load code out but the error still occurs. I have also tried running the 'parent' .mdb file by itself, but even this will not open properly on the problem machines. What is going on? Is there a local setting on these machines that could be causing the problem? Is this a similar problem to RollyS thread posted 04/21? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

If there are references which are "MISSING:" on another machine, errors can occur anyhwere in the app which may not be correctly reported. In particular, the cause of the error may have nothing to do with the event which is being reported as causing the error (e.g. Form_Load).

Any one of your quoted error messages are typically received in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back