Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot upload my web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulcanrida

Technical User
Jul 17, 2000
US
I have tried AOL, Tripod, and Angelfire with no luck. I get extention errors, ULR errors and a few other errors. I have been tring for 4 days stright does anyone have an easy solution to uploading pages.

I can't tell from your message what you're doing.&nbsp;&nbsp;Are you trying to load the web page by using Front Page's publish function?&nbsp;&nbsp;That might be the problem.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm on Geocities, and they only recently have set things up so you can load from Front Page.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'll bet that the web sites you listed haven't upgraded their software to do that.&nbsp;&nbsp;Try loading the page using their software and see if that works.<br><br> <p>Linda Adams<br><a href=mailto:Garridon@aol.com>Garridon@aol.com</a><br><a href= Adams Online</a><br>I'm a professional writer, published internationally.

You need to have Front-page extensions activated in order to upload through front-page.&nbsp;&nbsp;I know that Tripod has front-page extensions, but you probably have to request that they be turned ON.&nbsp;&nbsp;Go to the tripod homepage and search &quot;front-page&quot; or make a customer service inquiry.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't believe angelfire or aol has front-page extensions.&nbsp;&nbsp;The other option is to upload your file using FTP if the server doesn't have front-page extensions.&nbsp;&nbsp;Refer to your manual for more details, but simply, you publish web, and type in ftp:// in place of http:// followed by your pathname (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> will publish without extensions, so some features won't work (like forms).

I have found that when using AOL to upload/publish pages, I have the most success by first going to &quot;Windows Explorer&quot; and then going to my Frontpage files and highlighting the ones I want to publish, click on &quot;File&quot; and then &quot;Send To&quot; and then I use &quot;Web Publishing Wizard&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;Works every time!&nbsp;&nbsp;

I have found that to &quot;Publish&quot; using Front Page to an AOL web site, first you need to log on to the AOL screen name you are publishing to.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then minimize AOL to view the desktop.&nbsp;&nbsp;Launch Front Page and allow Front Page to use AOL's Access.&nbsp;&nbsp;When publishing use anonymous for a logon and the screen name for a password.&nbsp;&nbsp;You should be able to access the AOL area to publish the web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back