Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot upgrade 10.1.5 to 10.2 on Power Mac G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublereed

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2002
US
On a power mac G4 500mz dual processor. The 10.2 installer does not recognize hard drive at select volume (nothing shows up). I have updated firmware and the disk space is 2gb above recommended amount. The only HW change on this machine has been a memory upgrade. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks.

Thanks for your response. The drive is an ATA. I do have a SCSI card installed but only a scanner is attached to it. Could it still cause a problem?

Yes, remove the scsi card! Make sure you download the latest drivers before installing the card after you upgrade. My DP G4 refused to boot with my scsi card installed until after I downloaded new drivers.
PT

THANKS!! All is well! I disconnected the scsi deivice and was able to install the upgrade with no problems. Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back