Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot update cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrover

Technical User
Jul 16, 2021
US
Hi,

I have a strange problem.

I can run SBT (starting with vpw.exe) if the vp directory and the data directory are both located
on a network drive.

But, I can't run it the directories on a local drive.

Details:

The network drive (NAS, SMB2) is called f:
I have a shortcut on the desktop that points to f:\vp10\vpw.exe.

Now, if I have f: mapped to the network drive everything works fine. We have been doing this for many
years.

However, if the network drive is not available for some reason, I would like to be able to run on a local copy.

So, I have local copies of the vp10 directory and the data directory.

I create a mapped drive f: that actually just points to the local drive so that I don't have to change the shortcut.

On one system, that works just fine, and it has also worked fine on other older XP and W7 systems that we no longer use.

BUT, on my latest W10 systems, I get an error message saying it cannot update the cursor. If I ignore, then I get other errors.

Both the laptop that works and the other systems that don't are all running W10 21H1.

None of the systems have foxpro installed. I can't figure out what the problem is. It isn't read-only settings, privileges, or AV.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back