Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot update Auto Attendant Greeting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yokomotive

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2012
US
I have inherited a phone switch that apparently nobody knows how to update and could use a little advice here. We want to update our Auto Attendant greeting message, I believe I have figured out how to do this but have some questions. First, here is my server info (I'll be honest, not sure what all of it means):
[ul]
[li]CallPilot Manager 03.03.06.02[/li]
[li]Switch Type: Meridian 1, Option 11C[/li]
[li]Platform Type: IPE201i[/li]
[/ul]

I have located my Voice Maintenance number, I have also identified the process number of my AUTOATTENDANT application. I cannot access the Application via handset because it has no password set. I know where to set the password in AppBuilder. So my question is if there are any negative implications of giving the AUTOATTENDANT application a password? I am assuming that I can remove the password if needed, but am not certain. I'm also not certain that if I enable a password then I'll be able to update our greeting.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Today was the first time I logged into any phone system so sorry if I wrote anything that doesn't make sense.

Saw some great advice from telebub in thread1553-1556925, but that thread is closed now.

No impact. Just launch the application, then under "File" go to properties and click the tab "security" and set the Telset password and save.

It probably has one, but no one remembers the password. happens all the time and you can reset with no issues.

Thank you for the response. Yeah, Telset doesn't have a password set at all which is why I'm concerned about setting one. Good too hear that in your experience this has no impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back