Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot uninstall Partiton Magic 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycral

Technical User
Feb 4, 2007
I have a computer with a corrupt Partition Magic 8 that I need to uninstall and reinstall. However, PM 8 does NOT appear in the Add and Remove Programs list in Control Panel. I can delete its folder and all parts (that I can find) but I would like to be sure that I have completely, as far as possible, cleaned it out before reinstalling. I am assuming that there are no other programs which are sharing PM 8 files and Reg Keys. Is this correct? I'm not certain what I am searching for in the Registry to clean all references to PM 8. Or, is it even necessary to purge the Registry before I reinstall PM 8?

I'd just reinstall it and see if it works. If problems, you should then have a proper uninstall to work with, so uninstall and reinstall again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back