Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot uninstall Outlook Express 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail2

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
IE
Hi All

This seems like such a simple question ... yet I can't find the answer ! Normally I would remove Outlook Express in Add/Remove Windows Components when installing a server. However, I've just built a server now and installed all the latest updates from our WSUS Server, and I've noticed that Oulook Express is installed. However, it's not listed in Add/Remove Windows Components. I don't mean it's not checked ... I mean it's not actually there at all !!!!!

I don't recall ever coming across this problem before and google didn't seem to have much on it either. Does anybody have any ideas what's going on ?!?!

Thanks in advance

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Irish Poetry and Short Stories - Doghouse Books
Garten und Landschaftsbau

Thanks for the reply Lemon13 - I never knew about that so that's good to know. It did unhide OE in the Windows Components section.

I had already tried the MS artile you posted above but it doesn't actually remove the executible. Even removing it from Add/Remove Windows Components doesn't remove it fully either. It only removes the exe, not the entire directory. And there are other copies of the exe in other locations ($NTServicePackUninstall$). Suppose I'll just have to delete them manually

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Irish Poetry and Short Stories - Doghouse Books
Garten und Landschaftsbau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back