Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot sync address book 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich1238

MIS
Mar 1, 2001
US
I have a user who is receiving errors when synchronizing his shared address book. It reads the hand-held fine but when it tries to read the Lotus Notes address book, he gets about 265 names in and receives a Synchronize: DesktopMgr.exe - Application Error. The instruction at "0x12007075" referenced memory at "0x12007075". The memory could not be read. If I deleted the address then I can go further. I feel his address book is corrupt and needs to be recreated. Is this the case or is there a fix that I am missing.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

My experience has been that your issue does point to a corrupt entry or entries. You state that this is a shared address book. Is it a local names.nsf or is it on the network? I have seen some mysterious address book issues go away when using intellisync to re-browse to the names.nsf or whatever the name of the address book is.

When I do run across these issues I always upgrade the desktop manager software(if an upgrade is available) first just on the outside chance that a new version might fix the issue.

Just spoke with a colleague re your issue and he had the same exact issue as yours. This is what he did.

Obtained ncompact.exe and nfixup.exe from Notes Admin. Put these executables in the users Lotus/Notes folder.

At run line:
c:\lotus\notes\ncompact.exe names.nsf

Then at run line:
C:\lotus\notes\nfixup.exe names.nsf

After running both he could sync with no issues. Apparently the nfixup removes all bad entries from the address book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back