Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot stop job

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibuku

Technical User
Jul 31, 2000
GB
There was a power failure and our arcserve stutdown during a backup. I know I should have connected it to a ups.
Now when I go into arcserve manager, the job is still running and when I try to stop it, I get a error message saying unable to stop this job. I have restarted the server twice.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Probably too late now but...

this one has come up in the computer associates: arcserve backup-up and computer associates: brightstor backu-up solutions forums in past.

1 Stop all the services for arcserve in services applet (or I do it via a batch file)
2 kill the asrunjob.exe process.
3 start services again.

sometimes the job restarts itself forever each time you do this. In this case do 1 & 2 above then delete the 000000.qsd folder in the arcserve directory. Then do 3. Then:
4 add your job again from the asx file you saved already becuase you know that arcserve jobs get corrupted from time to time OR recreate the job again and save it as an asx file straigt away.
5 recreate the pruning job from the arcserve server manager.

Thanks Nauthiz.

I ended up deleting everything in the jobs folder and recreating all the job. Restarting the server did not help as the job was still running when the server came up.

I have exactly same issue. Did you find any solution or how did you fixed?

I stopped all the arcserve services and moved everything in the jobs folder to another location. Then restarted the services and added the jobs again which I had saved earlier.
You will need to recreate the prune job from the arcserve admin console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back