Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot set the correct page file for win2K server

Status
Not open for further replies.

junm

MIS
Nov 8, 2000
PH
i got a message saying that i dont have a pagefile and that the system has set it to 20MB. i was able to set my desired pagefile size but the message still pops-up everytime i reboot my pc. please help. thanks.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the exact same problem.

Hello,

When you'r creating a new pagefile do it actually creates in specified location? Do system has sufficient NTFS rights to that location?
Please, enable auditing, to find more detailed information.

P.S. is there any errors in Event Viewer? Write an ID, please.

good luck

Victor K
psas@canada.com
MCSE+I;MCSA;MCSE(w2k);CNE(5.1);MCNE(6);CIWSP;CIWSA.

Try increasing the size of your page file otherwise write down the exact message you are getting and punch it into Google.com or the seach tool on Microsoft.com

That should provide you with the answers you seek.

Often you need to edit the registry, but without knowing the exact message you are reciving I cannot tell you what you need to do. CJ
Don't listen to me, I wanted to be a forest ranger.

once you change the size did you hit the set button.It should prompt for a reboot if the set takes affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back