Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot set proxy_account

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim1

Programmer
Nov 7, 2001
CA
Hi,

I have a problem setting my sqlagent proxy account.

I logging in as Administrator of the domain on my SQL Server and I try to set my proxy account to be the same account, but it keeps telling an error.

Error executing extended stored procedure: Specified user can not login.

Any ideas ?

Thank you for your help.

Kim

Kim

Kim,

I know this is an old thread but this is a problem I've seen a few times and finally have an answer.

The problem is not the proxy account itself, but the account the SQL Server Services run under. You *must* reset the SQl Server Services to run under a suitable account with suitable permissions but, and here's the trick, you must set this in Enterprise Manager, not in the Control Panel/Services section. This is because Enterprise Manager will go off and add other permissions to the account that we don't see.

When you restart the services and come to set your proxy account you should find that it resets with no problems.

Cheers,
JJayUk

Regards,
JJayUK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back