Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot serve non-html pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowline

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
I am running WinXP Pro sp2 with IIS 5.1 and ColdFusionMX. It is a development environment (obviously) and I am trying to set up some file downloads of PDF's and Word Docs...security is wide open on the entire site.

When I try to download either type of file, I get errors.

If it is a PDF, I am told that the "File is damaged and cannot be repaired".

If it is a word doc, I get a notice to download or open the file. I choose Open, then I get another error that it cannot open it because the file is corrupted, so it prompts me to save. If I save it and try to open it, it errors out.

I am only testing with two different files, both of which can be opened directly without error.

I thought that I did not have my IIS settings correct, so I went into HTTP Headers and made sure that File Types had the following listed:
.pdf application/pdf
.doc application/msword

I am at a loss here. I usually work on the coding side, not as much the configuration, so I could really use some suggestions.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back