Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot send email on Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2008
GB
one of my work collegues' blackberry suddenly stopped sending emails although no settings have been changed.She can receive emails and send sms. We use a BES but all other users can send emails fine.

I'm pretty new with BES so not sure what the issue could be, anybody got any ideas?

Could be any number of things. Does she get a red X when trying to send? If so, open the message, scroll to the top and read the error.

Alternativley, search for her name in the MAGT logs on the BES, after she has attempted to send, and see what errors are logged for her account.

Cheers
jpaf

Thanks JPAF,

I got it sorted yesterday, had to add save as permissions for the users account which had for some reason disappeared.

Once I restarted the microsoft exchange information store service it worked a charm.

Was the exchange server patched recently? Some of the MS patches replace the store.exe and revoke that Send As permission.

No the exchange server wasn't patched although it has been doing some strange things recently such as checking the 'user must change password at next logon' box in each users account for some reason.

That would be Active Directory, not Exchange. Those types of settings don't change by themselves. Are any of your admins making changes, mayve even amending Group Policy settings?

No, there is only myself and an outsourced IT person who make any changes on the server & he has said he didn't change anything. These settings had previously been set to 'password never expires'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back