Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Send EMail Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

topscribe

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
CA
I upgraded a machine from Windows 98SE to Windows 2000 Professional and then installed SP4. Ever since then, I have not been able to send attachements of any size, and even large emails (lots of graphics and/or text). Small attachments ( < 100Kb, for instance) seem okay. This happens not only in Outlook Express (version 6), but from my web-based mail, such as Hotmail, either in Internet Explorer (6.0) or Netscape (7.1). However, I can send regular email and surf all day.

Just to add a little more info, I go onto the internet through 56K dialup (I can't get broadband yet where I live).

Butch

&quot;It's what you learn after you know it all that counts&quot; --My Dad

Okay, I spotted it! Besides misspelling "attachments" (typo), I said I can't send attachments "of any size," then I said small attachments are okay. The latter (small attachments) is correct.

Butch

If you can send smaller attachments then its probably who your getting email from has a attachment limit. Most free email is 2 mb I beleave.

Thank you for the comment. However, the largest attachment I have tried to send is 374KB, which falls far short of 2MB. I believe it is a Windows 2000 problem since I had no troubles at all with Windows 98. I am just getting familiar with Win 2K, so does anybody know how to adjust the MTU settings in this OS? Perhaps that is the problem.

Butch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back