Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Send E-mails From MAS 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

giganteface

Technical User
Jan 6, 2011
US
I’m trying to enable email functionality for the MAS 90 Paperless Office feature so that we can begin emailing direct deposit stubs to our employees; to this end, I have accessed our company through Company Maintenance and entered all of the relevant information in the E-mail tab. However, no matter what I enter (so long as I enter the proper IP address and port for our Exchange 2010 email server), I always immediately get the following error when I attempt to use the Test E-mail option from the E-mail tab:

The E-mail engine cannot be started.

No PDFs can be E-mailed.

Error details:

Unable to verify SMTP connection.
ChilkatLog:
VerifySmtpConnection:
Checking connectivity to SMTP server :25
smtp_host:
smtp_port: 25
Failed to connect (2)

I’m not sure if this is a MAS 90 issue or an Exchange 2010 issue, so I’m actually posting this in forums of both types in the hopes that somebody has had this issue and knows how to fix it. I’ve created a variety of Receive Connector types on our Exchange server with a variety of Permissions and Authentication Groups settings, but since I always get this same exact error I think the issue might be more that the MAS 90 server simply cannot connect to the Exchange server for some reason, period. However, it’s strange that if I change the IP address or port in the E-mail tab to something erroneous, it does alter what happens when I try the test email (it attempts the connection for about 30 seconds before failing), indicating that some kind of connection is being made to the server after all. I’ve also tried disabling Windows Firewall on both servers, but that didn’t change anything either. Thank you for your help!

Couple of questions. What version of MAS is this and have you worked with your reseller on this. Normally they have a vast amount of experience in dealing with these issues.

Possible Resolution:

Go to Library Master / Main / Company Maintenance and select the affected company
Navigate to the Email tab
Fill in the SMTP Server information
Fill in the Login (Authentication) information if required by your SMTP server.
Accept and close Company Maintenance
Try emailing the PDF's again.

Thanks for the reply!

This is for version 4.40 of MAS 90. I haven't contacted our reseller just yet because I'm not sure just how helpful he'll be, but I'll have to try him if I can't figure this out myself. Regarding your possible resolution, this is what I've been trying (although I've only tested email connectivity via the Test E-mail button on the E-mail tab, not by actually attempting to email real direct deposit stubs), but of course I can't get it to work. Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back