Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CANNOT SEND E-MAIL TO AOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon285

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
US
I just upgraded from exchange 5.5 to 2000 and cannot send e-mail to an aol account. Where I work we have to companies. company A and B as an example. All staff have an e-mail account with company A, but most of them work for company B, so their reply address is XXX@B.com, instead of A. Before with 5.5 it was ok because you would just set up their B e-mail as Reply address, and e-mails would go through fine. But now with 2000, u have to set it up as a primary address. The thing is that all those who work for company B get their e-mail forwarded from an outside company that we use who host our company B website. SO all they have set up is dummy accounts and when they give out their e-mail address to clients it goes to xxxx@B.com, and then gets forwarded to their company A address, xxx@A.com which they receive in their outlook. I know that AOL requires reverse DNS, but when they see the DNS as B.com, they see that it has no reverse DNS. Is there a place in Exchange 2000, that can make AOL think that our e-mails are coming from company A.com which we host, and have a reply address of B.com

I had a similar problem before, I just contacted the company hosting our website and had them enter a reverse DNS entry that pointed back to our server. It's possible to have more than one reverse DNS entry. That way they can still host your e-mail and you can send mail to AOL with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back