Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot Send As secondary email address

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanak

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2008
I have an Exchange 2010 server setup. I have 2 email domains associated with the system.
domain1 (primary)
domain2 (secondary)
I have an email address associated in each domain. I can send and receive from domain1 without any issues. I can receive emails sent to domain2 without any issues. When I try to send as myself@domain2.com
i get a bounce message that states i need send as permission. But this is my 1 account.
so breakdown is like this
user@domain1.com - can send and receive
user@domain2.com - can receive not send

I tried applying a Send As permission and Grant permission in Send on behalf in the user account, but neither worked.

What else am I missing.

Mailboxes can only have one primary (sending) address by definition. That's true of other objects in the GAL as well. So the bottom line is that if you want a user to be able to send as different addresses, you need multiple objects that that user has Send As permisson on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back