Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot select item in Listbox w/ RowSourceType = Value List

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycast

Programmer
Nov 28, 2001
US
The subject line pretty much says it all, but here's a little background:

I have a multi-user database that currently employs temp tables for various functions. Naturally, numerous conflicts have arisen when two people try to create/access the same temp table at the same time. I'm re-creating the structure to employ temp ADO recordsets rather than temp tables.

I have a primary listbox on my form that is populated via .additem from my ADO recordset--the rowsourcetype set to "Value List".

After the listbox has been populated, I find that I cannot select any items from the list. From what I've read, I don't think I've left out a final step, but I'm not sure. Basically, I need to be able to multi-select from this listbox, but now I can't even click it.

Here is my code:

Code:
Public Sub LoadList6()
Dim x As Integer

Me.List6.RowSource = ""
myRSHoldBales.Filter = "Unpacked > 0"
myRSHoldBales.MoveFirst
While Not myRSHoldBales.EOF
    With Me.List6
        .AddItem myRSHoldBales!Item & ";" & _
        myRSHoldBales!CustomerItemID & ";" & _
        myRSHoldBales!Qty & ";" & _
        myRSHoldBales!Unpacked & ";" & _
        myRSHoldBales!UnitWeight
    End With
    myRSHoldBales.MoveNext
Wend

End Sub

Any help would be greatly appreciated! My deadline awaits:)

Never mind. I was able to figure it out. Turns out the first row is considered a column header if column headers are turned on.

Silly me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back