Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot seem to restrict PRI lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Simple setup on 5.0 MICS will dest code of 7 on Route 001.

I went to Line 001/Restication and created 0 as my first restriction then applied it to the line.
70 didnt seem to work.

I can restrict sets however with same filter.

There a trick with PRI?

I am havin a bad day....3rd requst for help in one day.

I think you have to restrict all 23 PRI B channels not just the first. (I could be wrong and the first will cascade down) you might be best off restricting all of the sets as to what they can dial.

good luck

----------------------------
'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Think your best bet is like jerryreeve said. Playing with line restrictions could come back to bite you later on. Usually with the bulk of my customers , I build different filters to apply to different sets according to the need and can be changed if required very quickly.

Lots of Luck

It does go across all lines of the PRI when you put a filter on any of the PRI lines.

I set up Restriction filter 1 with deny 0 in my lab and assigned it to the lines and it does work.

What is the Absorb Length of you Desti 7?

must be nice to have a lab.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

They are having Toll Fraud so we are patching NAM and measure and also they asked us to restrict over sea calls.

Yes when you do one PRI trunk it restricts all.

Absorb is at None....should it be 7? or 10 (if 10 digit Telco plan).

Thanks guys

you would only want to absorb the digits that will not be used when you actually dial out to the telco. such as if you use the standard 9 for a destination code then you would absorb all if you used something like 81 to initiate calls to a long distnace block then you would absorb 1 and then let the dialed 1 thru as part of the long distance dialing.

it gets more interesting with centrex lines

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

jerry is correct...and yes the lab sometimes is a great thing other times it's a pain.

The way you have the Absorb set right now your Filter to block 0 will not work because with Absorb set to NONE then 7 is the actuall first digit leaving the system.

You can also tell Telco to block International Dialing on there end but make sure you also include any 10101 codes is you don't use them. Just let Telco know that you do not use PICK CODES.

Ok so I should set to Absorb 1 ?
So it asorbs the first digit 7 (code) dialed then restricts the 2nd digit being 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back