Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see views in DB2 Database through Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

tman135

Programmer
Feb 28, 2001
US
Hi,

I need to draw data from a view into some crystal reports v8.5. I can see this view through other software like Access and I can query the view directly in DB2. I can even manually edit the SQL to pull from the view but i cannot see the view name in the data explorer.

Any ideas what's the problem...I have my settings set to view tables , views and stored procs also

Under file, options, reporting tab, make sure that the views checkbox is checked.

Also, check to see if you can see the views from some other ODBC driven application such as MS Access.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I can see the views through other odbc connections...Access or Actuate...Crystal does not pull the views into Data Explorer. I have Views checked under File --Options.

All I can think of is...some setting on the database where the views are created thats causing crystal to miss them when it queries the SYS tables for the object listing.

Try deleting your ODBC DSN, then readding it.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Was the view created sometime after the report and you're now trying to incorporate it? If so, (in addition to making sure the "views" checkbox is checked) you probably just need to "verify" the database to the report. Select Database from the tool bar and the Verify Database from the dropdown list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back