Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see tape in drive of autoloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

frdba

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
US
Running BAB r11.5 sp3 and we have a Dell™ PowerVault™ 124T LTO-2 hooked up. We have all 16 slots full that we are running a backup rotation on. I have an additional tape in the drive that I want to restore from. I can see that the tape is in the drive (not a magazine slot) through the autoloader's management console, but I cannot see the tape through Arcserve. I tried running an inventory and still do not see the tape so I cannot merge or restore from it. I can see the drive through arcserve, but it does not show a tape in the drive.

How do I go about restoring from a tape that is in the drive of the autoloader?

Thanks

Hello,

I use the same configuration,

Restart the tape backup.
wait for the tape drive is completely
reboot the server.
scsi management checks if you see the tape drive
In ARCserve
Check the device configuration if you see tape drive

Good luck

It will not work that way. A 16 slot library can have no more than 16 tapes. Stop the Tape Engine remove a tape and then start the Tape Engine and it should see the tape just fine.

Thanks for the replies. I was able to see my tape and restore from it. davidmichel was correct, I had to eject a tape in the library to free up a slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back