Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see N5100 expanded array extra space in W2K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mRgEE

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I had three 18.2 10k SCSI HDDs in a RAID 5 array configuration. I added a fourth HDD to the array through serveRAID Manager. Problem is that W2K Server doesn't see any extra space.

There is only one array, called "array a".
Within this array there are now 4 identical Physical drives listed as "online".
There is 1 logical drive for the array.

How do I get to be able to see and use the extra space that should be available through the OS?

Do I create another logical drive within serveRAID Manager in order to be able to see the extra space through W2K?

If any one can point me to an article reffering to this problem or other help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone is interested.
I think I have it figured, As I have now created another logical drive, another 17 odd GB of space is available. A message flagged up in serveRAID telling me that once the new logical drive is created, W2K will be able to see it. Meaning I can use it.

HI,

Refer to the ServeRAID documentation, help index search for Logical drive migration. Take note there are two ways to migrate as far as i remember.

1 is to expand the array which will require you to create another logical drive. It will appear as a separate disk in win2k.

another step is to expand the logical drive which will expand the disk in win2k.

we have to plan the steps carefully as this is no reversible action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back