Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see mysql database when issuing mysqlshow command 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JProg

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
JP
Hello Everyone,

I have run into a little dilema with my MySQL installation. I have run the executable file, set the path for mysql bin files, etc. However when I issue the command mysqlshow instead of seeing two databases listed, those being mysql and test I only see test. Furthermore when I issue the command:

mysqladmin version status proc

instead of seeing all the information that I should see I have an error of type:

'Access denied. You need the PROCESS privilege for this operation.'

Could somebody please inform me as to how I can get the privilege rights for this operation? Thanks for your help.

Regards

Davo

command line commands take the form

command -h host -u user -p

You need certain privileges to achieve things simply issuing the command without identifying -u user will assume you are an ODBC user or some such or the logged on user for unix/linux ...

Try
mysqlshow -u root -p

hvass,

Thanks heaps for the advise mate, thanks to you I am now able to see both databases listed. Thanks again.

Kind Regards

Davo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back