Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see HP Library connected to SCSI Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauntlet

MIS
Aug 9, 2001
GB
I have a Surestore E 2/20 tape library that is connected via SCSI to a Surestore E SCSI bridge FC 4/2. The bridge is then connected to a Windows 2000 host via its fibre connector. On the control panel LCD of the SCSI Bridge I can verify that it sees the host connected to its FC connector & the library on the SCSI connectors. The problem is that when I scan for devices using the HP Storage & Library Tools on the Windows 2000 host, all I see is the SCSI Bridge & not the library that is attached to it.

Is there any way to verify that Windows 2000 is actually seeing the library?

Thank you

Verify that the tape drives and medium changer can be seen in device manager. Reboot the kit in this order.
Power down all devices. Power on the 2/20. Once the power on tests complete, power on the fibre switch. When this is happily talking to the library, power on the server. Then run LTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back