Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see Exchange items to backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbyp

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2001
GB
I have Backup Exec V8.0 Advanced Edition for NT 4.0SP6a. I have two identical servers which are clustered and have a copy each of BE Advanced Edition,Open Files, Share Storage Option, Library Expansion Option, Diaster Recovery option and Exchange Agent. The Exchange setup is as a virtual server between the two nodes, one active & one inactive. When I attempt to backup on either machine no Exchange items appear in the list of items that can be backed up.
The Exchange backup tab is greyed out. All Exchange services are running, The Exchange Administrator is installed. The Registry shows the component is installed as does help, About in the program.
What's wrong?

P.S It is appalling that Veritas charge for support!

What Software Vendor dosn't charge for support these days? Not many.
Anyway, I think this time you really need to pay, as this sounds like a big problem and Veritas Support would be the best way to go in this case.
Sorry.

Tilo

The Veritas site has a good support section - this could well be a regular issue. Check there before parting with your cash.

I had a look there before I posted my reply. It is nothing in there about this problem.

Tilo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back