Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see domain computers thru wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data4

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2001
US
I have a DLink Di-624 access point and am having trouble connecting to a domain. The laptop with XP Pro and integrated wireless can connect to the 624AP and get to the internet, but can only see the domain, not any computers on the domain. I see the domain, can authenticate to the domain, but cannot see anyfiles, computers, etc. All machines, wired and wireless, have the same ip range,subnet and gateways. They have tcpip, windows networking, file sharing enabled, etc. Wired machines with Win NT workstation, Win 2000 pro and Xp Pro all network seamlessly with the NT server domain, just not the XP pro laptop connecting wirelessly. Any ideas ?

Hi Data4!

Have u been able to fix ur problem?

I have the same problem.. at least related... I just can't manage to geta Win XP Pro laptop to logon to the domain. I added the computer to the domain... but when logging on.. it says that the domain is unavailable.

Thanks.

Mohit

Your wireless router or Access Point is assigning through DHCP a different subnet.

Disable DHCP on the router/AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back