Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot see all content

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAToronto

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2011
CA
Hi have a sharepoint 2010 server that was originally installed as a test server.
The powers that be took it upon themselves to basically turn it into a production box
Seeing how it was in a test env. the drives were small so we wanted to move it to another full version server.
The move failed so the content was restored back to original. Now for some reason I cant see all the sites in the content db. I only see 12 out 23 sites. When I opened the db and looked at the tables I do see reference to the subsites but however when I browse nothing is presented.
Can anyone tell me where I might start to troubleshoot this?

TIA

WP

Hi,

I don't often have time to respond here these days, but I can offer some thoughts in the hope that it will help you get towards a solution.

The content databases are pretty confusing place (and I take you already know that they should never be updated manually). Even those site collections that are apparently listed might not all be exposed to the same web application, and some might even be flagged as deleted. Or, horror, there might be broken links.

What does Central Admin say about the situation? In particular the 'View Site Collections' (checking for other web applications too) and the 'Content Databases' page (it should list the number of site collections).

Also, when you restored the content database, was it the original database (from before the move) or was it a copy that had been on another Sharepoint farm?

As I say, just dumping some ideas out there. I will try to get back to you again, but apologies in advance if I can't get the time.

SPV

Hi SPV
It was restored from the original backup. This what confuses me...they should all be there
I only have 1 web application and config manager only shows half of my sites. The only thing I can see different is that in the tables the sites that are showing up show as using template version 3 and the ones that are not showing up are using version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back