Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot save value to database field

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleySteamer

Technical User
Oct 26, 2004
CA
I have a database created with the FP2000 DBRW that has been working well for a long time.
Now when I try to enter a new record from the webpage I get this response "Cannot save value to database field".
I did not make any changes to the web (that I remember). It just all of a sudden stopped accepting new entries. I can query the existing records without a problem.
I tried re-publishing the web but that did not help. also re-ran the DBRW.
I'd appeciate any ideas.

Do you have update access to the database?

Are automatic updates (the Microsoft kind) switched on on your server? I've found that automatic updates do some strange things. They almost always switch off messaging. Net send just stops working. You may have had an IIS update which decided to switch off write access.

Some updates (eg .net framework 2.0) can seriously mess up your applications to the point that you can't even debug them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back