Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot save, save as or open CR Adv Pro on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I know that it's not supported but it was working fine before I formatted my laptop and reinstall Windows. It doesn't matter what the default report location is (locally etc.) I cannot click Open (nothing happens), I just created a new report and cannot save, save as. Nothing happens. I see others on here with the same issue but there is no solution. If I close Crystal, it wants to save, but I cannot. If I keep clicking yes to save, it won't then can't close Crystal. I've just lost my new report and cannot create any new reports.

I am a local admin on my laptop so there is no permission issues. I am on the latest SP. I can only export the report as an rpt file. I can double-click on rpt files to open them in CR, but not File > OPen as the browse window does not open.

Have you tried running the program in compatibility mode?

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back