Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot save jpg of web

Status
Not open for further replies.

tener

Technical User
Mar 29, 2001
US
When I try to right click and "save picture as" on the web, it will only let me save it in "Art" format. How do I get it to save it in jpg format? I try to click on the little down arrow for more options, but there are none. Also, I have tried to add the .jpg extension to the end of the file name, but this does not help as I am unable to view the picture later. I am lost and will greatly appreciate any ideas.

It may be down to the default graphics program you have installed. Do you know what you have?

its aol, somewhere in aol you can disable compact graphics
and it wont save in art format

there are also some software prgrms on the net that will convert them to jpgs or bmps

X-)

Incidentally, don't be tempted to change file extensions as it rarely works. It's like typing a letter in French and telling an English-only reader to try and read it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back