Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot run Business Objects after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb8

Programmer
Apr 28, 2005
US
hi folks!

here is the error message that i get when i click on BO icon after its successful installation:

"A component is missing or is corrupted

Try to run the installation kit again.
If the problem persists, please contact your vendor.
Debug information:
Description: *agtdpold.dll*kdpolapd.dll*
Module Name: agtdpold.dll "

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Hi sb8, did you manage to solve this problem? It appears that some of my users in another department are having a similar problem...

Hello DrSmyth!

This error happens because BO is looking for the dlls for OLAP components that have been uninstalled but not removed completely from the Registry.

Here is the solution:

1. If there are no OLAP components installed/required, this problem can be solved by removing the registry entry for the OLAP components there were uninstalled.

2. To remove the OLAP components:
- Open the Registry Editor on your BO Server.
- select the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Business Objects \ Suit 6.0 \ default \ BusinessObjects \ BusObj Configuration \ BusinessReporter \ Bus Initialization’ folder.

- In the right window pane, remove: OLAP Express, OLAP DB2 and OLAP EssBase, if you don't use any of these OLAP components.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back