Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Reverse Engineer Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovatvvon

Programmer
Feb 1, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm running Visio 2003. I try to connect to a db server on the same domain, to have Visio reverse engineer the db, but it is having issues.

If I select the MS SQL Server driver, it gives me the following error message after typing in the UID/PWD credentials:
Code:
[COLOR=red]
The currently selected Visio driver is not compatible with the data source[/color]

If I select "ODBC Generic driver", then after I input the UID\PWD credentials, it gives me the following error:
Code:
[COLOR=red]
Warning!
You are using a Visio 'ODBC Generic Driver' driver to connect with a 'Microsoft SQL Server' DBMS database.
By using an incompatible driver, it is possible that the catelog information retrieved will be incomplete.[/color]

Anyone know what I can do to get this to be able to connect to the db to reverse eng. it? It is a SQL 2005 database.

Thanks!

-Ovatvvon :-Q

Well, from the sounds of it, you need to update Visio.

Look online and download the Visio compatibility patches. I do not know for sure that this will resolve your problem, but it may.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back