Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot retrive Database names- Rights issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissavane

Technical User
Oct 14, 2008
EU
Hi can someone help me. I have an accounting program running Pervasive SQL. I am trying to create a new database but I get an error that I have not sufficient access rights for the operation. I checked the registry WTS Client and the setting is at 0. The server is Windows 2003 I have full administrative rights. Totally dumb founded by it. Hope someone can assist.
Thanks
Ger

Need a little more information.
- What version (v8, v19, v10 / Server or Workgroup) of PSQL are you using?
- Are you logged in locally at the server or are you using Terminal Services?
- What exactly is the error message?
- What tool are you using to create the database name?
- Are you logged in as a local admin or a domain admin? If you're using a domain admin, try a local admin.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Thanks the version is 8.10 I am logged in as local Administrator, working directly on the server I am using the Create Database Wizard for Pervasive SQL and the error message is "Cannot retrieve database names. You do not have sufficient access rights for the operation."
Hope this clarifys. Thanks

You might make sure that the file DBNAMES.CFG (in the WIndows\System directory) has appropriate rights assigned to it. Specifically, the PSQL services use the System account by default. Make sure that System has rights to the CFG file.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Yep everything checks out but still no good. Man this is a right pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back