Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot restore backup from cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deejd1

Technical User
Jul 18, 2004
US
I had a crash with my Micron 950, running WinXP Pro. Up and running now. However, I have lost all of Famly Tree Maker infomation.
I am using FTM 6.0 I had backed up my data on 5 floppy disks and the 3rd disk brings up "A serious internal error" and shuts down the program. I also have a backup on 4 cd which I burned with my cd writing program, (Sony Extreme). FTM will not recconize the backups as a FTM file, although it has FBC extension. I did try to copy cd to hard drive, however, I have 4 disks and it will not copy all with the same name. If I change the name will it still be the same backup? It wants to overwrite the first disk. How do I do this? I'm sorry I am not too computer savy. I copied it into a new folder in my documents. I tried to copy it to FTM folder that didn't work either. Is there a way to extract the files ? Please help. This is 5 yrs worth of work. Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration.

DEE

how to make a transplant of heads from one hdd with the exact parts from another hdd with out screwing the alignment ???
and were I should be careful about the alignment …
did any one of you did this successfully
I have the clean room that is not a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back