Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot restart Reciver Queue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmonsteak

Technical User
Apr 15, 2002
CA
I am new to MQSeries and am in serious need of some help. With that said I'll cut to the chase. I have a Reciever Queue that is not running. What do I need to do to get it to respond. I know this is vague but any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is no such thing as a queue status of "Running"...actually there is no such thing as a receiver queue either.

Queues can be Get or Put Enabled or Disbabled

Channels can be running and can be receivers too ....is this what you mean?

If you mean the Channel what staus is being displayed?

Excellent I feel I'm getting some where. According to the logs there is a specific receiver that has stopped responding. I want to bring that reciever back to life, which as far as I can tell requires an active listener and channel. However I'm having a problem trying to determine exactly how that's done. Do I need to start a listener and open a channel on that listener? If so are there commands that I might be overlooking?

misprint: I meant Do I need to start a listener and open a channel on that receiver?

What platform are you on?

Regardless of the platform you will need a listener running. One listener is usually used for ALL remote communication to your Qmgr (in other words ALL channels will use it). If you have other channels showing as "Running" then you probably have your listener running already.

If the listener is running, simply issue a start for the receiver channel and you should be good to go...if not, then an error message will be written to the log giving you the reason.

I can put messages on a message queue; however when I run the amqsget command to get the message i receive the following error:

MQOPEN ended with reason code 2045
unable to open queue for input

Please advise.

If you are running amqsput and putting to a remote queue then you can't run amqsget on the same box to the same queue. You can't get a message locally from a remote queue.

That makes sense. Here is another one for you and I think this may be at the core of the problem. When I attempt to start the listener using the runmqlsr -m queue.manager -t tcp -p 1414, I receive the following message:

AMQ9218: The TCP/IP listener program could not bind to port number 1414.

As far as I can tell that basically means there is another service running on that port; however if I run an nmap scan against my machine it tells me that ibm-mqseries is running on port 1414... hmmmm.

With that said, I'm thinking if I could somehow successfully start the listener everything should be a go. I guess I'm not entirely sure how to work around that. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I can honestly say that working through this has definilty tweeked my knowledge of MQSeries.

It sounds to me like the listener service is already running.

What happens when you issue a start for the channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back