Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot resize NAL Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigkuz

MIS
Jan 18, 2003
US
After upgrading from Zenworks 2.0 to 3.2, some of the PC's only get the NAL screen minimized on the task tray and must right-click and maximize. There is no way to resize the screen only minimized or maximized. I looked through Novell's TIDs and could only find info on policy objects which didn't solve the problem.

We have seen this with version 4 after a hard shutdown. Our fix is to hack the registry. Try this. Logon workstation as administrator. Run Regedit - Current user - Software - Netware - NAL - 1.0. Delete the following keys - Arrange Mode, H, W, X, Y. Exit Regedit and reboot. NAL screen should come back to normal size.
Any help on automating this fix would be appreciated.

We use Zen 3.2 and have done for sometime and there appears to be a bug with resizing the window. How we get around this is to size the window manually then end the Novell Delivered Applications .... task and then manually restart NAL and it should open with the correct size.

Sholsinger's fix was right on! I pushed it out as a force run in Zenworks. After resizing the window to a size that showed most of our icons, I exported the NAL1.0 key, took out everything but the w,x,y dword and imported the reg file into the NAL application. I also choose to run once. Worked great! Many thanks!

Follow up to my last post: I forgot to add the H dword to the reg file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back