Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot reset password on Network Card in APC 3000R

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharper

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
IE
Hello,
I successfully configured an AP9617 network card in a Smart UPS 3000.
I changed the username and password for the administrator account.
When I tried to log in again it wouldn't let me in. I tried the default apc and apc but this no longer works. I want to reset the card to factory defaults and so I followed the instructions in the documentation. I opened Hyperterminal and got the Username: prompt. I pressed the reset button, waited 15 seconds for the card to reset, pressed Enter until the Username: prompt was displayed again and then, within 30 seconds, entered apc and apc as username and password. This however, didn't work. I've tried this many times with no joy. I can still log in as the user device in both hyperteminal and the web interface.

I have spoken to APC tech support on the web and over the phone and am not particularly satisfied with the responses I'm getting.

I recieved a updated document saying that the card must be reset twice before the default username and password will work. This however didn't work. Any thoughts?

Have you tried reseating the card(a long shot,at best).

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

hmmm sorry, should have gave an update.

after speaking to a senior APC support guy I got the card to reset.

the problem was that the instructions previously given didn't mention that the second reset button press must come after 1 second wait (I was waiting for a login again like it says in the manual).

So - reset button once, wait 1 second, reset button again, wait for login prompt and then use apc as user AND pass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back