Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot reset ODBC error in A2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

jancheta

Programmer
Aug 30, 2002
US
Hi. I have several apps written in A2K that extracts information via ODBC which are triggered at specific time intervals (via Scheduled Tasks). Problem is that if the extract fails due to an ODBC error, I tried to trigger the timer event of the form for it to wait and run again say in 5 minutes but it won't work. Then I tried creating another form that calls the extract form within the database, but it seems that A2K remembers the first ODBC error. Then I tried to refresh the links, but got the same result.

The only other thing that I can think of is to create say a A2K Launcher app that will call the other extracts (access databases). The Launcher app will have a table where the other extracts are linked to and will continuously monitor the table for any errors. If an error occurs, after say a few minutes, it'll call the specific extract that errored out. (Hopefully this will work)

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back