Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot reset BEFSX41 to factory setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohoejoe

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2011
US
Hello,
I seemed to have misplaced the password to my router and have been unable to reset it to factory conditions. I vaguely recall an option in the software that would disable that feature, and I probably set that option to not allow a factory reset. However, I can't find any documentation of that ability in the manual or on web searches so I am not sure if its true.

In any case, I need to take back control of my router and wondering if anyone had any other suggestions other than

Disconnect all cables, un plug, then power up, push reset button for 30+ seconds, then plug in PC and go to 192.168.1.1 and enter "admin" as the password.

I have tried many variations and time limits to no avail.

Thanks

Do you realize how old that router is (and not wireless to boot)?? Maybe it's time to buy a used but NEWER model on Craig's List if money is the issue.

There are lots of WRT54G routers out there for like $20.

Things don't last forever!!!!

Defective electrolytic capacitors can cause this situation, which may or may not fix it if the processor has died! Better think about a replacement like goombawaho suggests...

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back