Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot remove icon !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeron866

Technical User
Aug 5, 2002
CA
Hello.I installed adobe photo ver 3. it would not run properly on xp it is very old.After i uninstalled it i stil have an icon in "my computer"called My digital Camera if i click on it nothing happens right click and nothing i tried to delete it but it will not delete.i tried to drag it to garbage but will not go.a line comes through and will not go in garbage.Also in control panel there is a new icon called My digital camera settings it will open and i can choose a camera and change settings but i do not have a camera.this will also not delete.any suggestions how to remove theses two icons?thanks in advance!

Hit the F8 key early and often on starting your computer. Select Safe Mode, and try the deletion.

Other advice: thread779-785476

Hi Have you look to see if it is listed in the Ad/remove program under control panel. This perhaps would remove them for you. If you f8 and take them out from safe mode that may remove the icon on the desktop but the underlying program will remain from the control panel area. Waasted space as well as it may conflict with future camera programs

let us know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back