Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot remove device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a pent pro, running W98me. I installed a es1688 sound card but could not find drivers. I replaced card with a Soundblaster compatible. Everytime I try to remove the es card the system crashes. Is there ANOTHER WAY TO REMOVE device from device manager?

First, I would try switching your new soundcard to a different PCI port - sometimes this works wonders!

You say that you removed the sb card. Do you mean physically or do you mean in Device Manager? If you physically switched them out, Windows should automatically detect the new card, but there is a chance that it could get confused here. Did you try to Add/Remove your old sound card software? How about running a Norton Windoctor? That will clear up a lot of registry conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back