Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot remove Alert Manager messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunty

Technical User
Jul 30, 2002
GB
I have set up Alert messages to be sent to an e-mail address which works fine.

Alert manager was also set up to send messages to \\Local System which is sending screen popups to the serve and filling up the event logs.

I try to remove the \\Local System from the Alert Manager Configuration but after a couple of hours they just come back again. This happens whether I restart or not.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of them completely ?

Thanks

Is your Alert Manager configured using ePO? If yes, when you removed the setting from ePO, did you remember to select the Apply button to make it take effect? Afterwards, I would then issue an Agent Wakeup call to my PCs just to let them know about the new policy settings.

I dont use epo anymore, but you may have given me a clue. epo was used once but now I use protection pilot with alert manager installed separately.

I think the epo agent is still on the machine and may be interfering with stuff

For reference, i found the answer. Nothing to do with ePo, instead, protection pilot had two versions of alert manager running, 4.5 and 4.7. I removed 4.5 and the problem went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back