Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot reload NT Blue Screen Appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

offy

MIS
Dec 9, 1999
GB
I have a Compaq 7000 Xeon running nt.(well er not anymore)<br>
<br>
Things were working fine on the server until PC-Anywhere gave up.<br>
Uninstall and reload Pc-Anywhere was my first thought.<br>
Upon doing this I rebooted the server.<br>
The machine tried to enter NT but when the logon screen was supposed to appear,Dr Watson came up saying winlogon.exe caused a problem.<br>
Large blue screen appeared with memory stack dumps and various other text.<br>
<br>
Tried the repair disk which is from dec99.(no change)<br>
Tried loading 3 x setup disks to overight the c:(FAT)<br>
<br>
When i get to the third disk and it asks for the cd-rom press enter and hey presto BLUE SCREEN!<br>
<br>
d: f: g: (NTFS) e:=cdrom<br>
<br>
Please help with any suggestions if you can.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

What are the details of the Blue Screen?<br>
<br>
I.e. - Stop Error Code, Error description and what are the files associated with it.<br>
<br>
Basically the first half or so of the blue screen dump. The first few lines everything is important and the first section of files, only the file names are important. The last half of file names and all the memory address for the files are not important for basic troubleshooting.<br>
<br>
It would help to know the details of both Blue Screens. Also what Service Pack are you running on.<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
Paul Kincaid

Thanks for your response Paul, the problem is now sorted.<br>
<br>
I found that the compaq drive array card software was corrupted.<br>
<br>
WinNT was trying to load the drive array service to see above 1024 cylinders.<br>
<br>
I have 220gb in this machine so you can see why I was having trouble.<br>
<br>
Compaq sent me the drive array software so when I tried to load WinNT I specified another device and reloaded the new copy.<br>
<br>
This allowed me to finally get into NT and backup all my data.(which took the whole weekend)<br>
<br>
Once backup was completed I wiped the whole system and started from scratch.<br>
<br>
All is now fine.<br>
<br>
Thanks for your quick response it was nice to see someone was making an effort to help me through this matter.<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Mark Offord<br>

Glad to hear that you discovered that. We had the same issue on a compaq 3000. The drive array wanted the older drivers instead of newer ones. <p> <br><a href=mailto: oneworld@goes.com> oneworld@goes.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back