Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot recreate DB after dropping !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpotucek

Technical User
Jan 26, 2005
US
I am in kind of a bind. Every week I restore our production Database into a different database on a different Server for viewing by the users. Both Server are Windows boxes running V9.5

Usually a just do a redirected restore but the datbase is growing by eaps and bounds so this week I decided to drop the target database and then recreate it fresh, set the tablespace and then restore.

I dropped the target database and now I cannot recreate it in that instance. when i try and recreate it I get this error:

SQL1005N The database alias "dutdm" already exists in either the
local database directory or system database directory.

I have tried catloging and uncataloging the target database in the instance.. whatever I try it just says the database does not exist. Can anyone help?????

I've tried cataloging the database back to it's original drive

db2 catalog database dutdm on C:

but I get the same error..

SQL1005N The database alias "dutdm" already exists in either the local database directory or system database directory.

db2 list db directoy

and look up the local database directory for the database.

db2 list db directory on <dirname>

will show you that database name

you can do

db2 uncatalog database <dbname> on <dirname>

I do realize that the question is 3+ months old, but am hoping it will be of help to someone else facing the same problem.

Cheers
Sathyaram

For db2 resoruces visit More DB2 questions answered at &

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back