Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot pull config 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikev80

MIS
Nov 13, 2003
US
Here's a challenge. IP403 with 2 expansion modules (ds16 and POTS8), working fine until migration of new voicemail server, addition of DS30, and upgrade to 2.1.15. After implementation, everything works out great. The following day an agent pushes his Send All Calls button, goes to lunch, comes back, pushes button again to begin answering phone. The button did not toggle off. Administrator goes to Manager to check on the problem. Manager finds IP unit prompts for password, after entering password the Manager's config does not load. TFTP log says xxxx.cfg not received ok. Administrator station's able to view call status, and even run monitor with the same password. Send All Call button still does not toggle. The same user who went to lunch can toggle his Do Not Disturb on PM Pro, but not on the actual button and the button does not match up to his PM Pro state. To toggle on the phone he has to unplug the phone and plug it back in, then he's able to toggle the state ONCE before it locks up again. Rebooting the system makes it stable until the following morning. once someone's Send All Call button locks up, that's when Manager's unable to pull config (or maybe it's just a that we notice that problem first). Removed DS30, reverted back to old cfg file before all the changes, everything worked fine for 3 days. Added the DS30, and sure enough the following day the problem occurred. No users are asigned to the DS30 ports. I'm completely lost on this one. Any ideas besides upgrading to 2.1.24?

ummmm, upgrade to 2.1.24, sorry.

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

is the new DS30 module at the same firmware version as the system or is it running an older version?

Upgrade it all to V2.1(24) anyway.

Only time I have had manager not load cfg is when changing subnets, duplicate ip's on network or , there was another one but brain not functioning at moment

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

CFG can also fail if the destination CFG is not writable ( wright protected, working directory pointed to an empty floppy drive/cdrom etc.)

DS30 is on the same firmware version as the other module. subnet and ip info are correct because everything works fine for about 8 hours. Plus, PM Pro, callstatus, Delta server and sysmon works properly. Everytime I do a hard reboot everything works for about 5 hours then the problem appears again.

ipo 4032.1 (24), dt30 , dt 16 vmpro 2.1.10

Guess what i have the same fault,like you it appeared on 2.1 (15) and its not fixed on 2.1 (24).
Again i upgraded the voice mail and also added a dt 30 module,and i also have some ports which do not have extension numbers associated with them.
From your description you may have just given me an idea.
Try the follwing :-
1.make sure all ports are configured
2.remove all users set to sytem phone

and just for a test avoid any programming changes.

I have found the symtoms starts after when making changes to voice mail and system time related parameters.

Not much help but you are not alone.

Tra

What the heck?!?! thanks for letting me know, I thought I screwed up somewhere. Well I just upgraded to 2.1.24 and keeping my fingers cross. I'm sending monitor traces to tier 3 on monday if the problem comes up again. do you use do not disturb, or send all calls for your button? Do you have CCC onsite? trying to narrow down the culprit.

The site uses soft console and phone manager lite 2.1.7 and 2.1.8 respectively.This problem only started when i upgraded the Vmpro to 2.1.10,i experienced the fault during the upgrade before the DT 30 was added.
It might just be the VMPRO ??????

Well we will just have to see what Tier 3 comes back with. They probably say manual re-type ??????

Tra

Be sure to share the results with us, we all know that if it weren't for forums like this none of us would know what known bugs to avoid until we ran smack dab into them :)

Peter

We have the same issue, unable to pull off the config and users cannot put themselves in and out of group.
We are using a SCN site on 403 2.1 (24) with centralised Vmpro 2.1.10.

How to simulate the fault :-

Merge a config while calls are transffered.

I think this is pretty serious, we have been asked to carryout a manual re-type.

This is not acceptable Avaya ??????

Just had same problem yesterday. 2.1.15 was installed about 2 months ago though. Could pull config. I could ping the box and VM was working. It would allow me to log in but, no config. had to user reboot command from file drop down menue to restore... very strange

There's been some progress. Tier 3 have not seen the issue but Tier 4 have seen it once, at least the technician that was contacted. He issued a custom build for the case he hcame across, so I was given that build to see if the problem would be resolved. My fingers are crossed since last night. The customer goes on DND often and the problem have occurred at least once or twice aday, so far so good. I'll post again at the end of the day or tomorrow.

mikev80,

Tier 3 and Tier 4 in U.K. has denied any knowledge of this problem.

Where are you from ?

Tra

I'm from the states and so far aday without the problem. The tier 3 tech I worked with have not seen the issue before, nor has his colleagues. But I think he got the build from Tier 4 in the UK, not sure.

when I get a chance, I will post the build number so maybe your support can find it that way. I believe it's 2.1.24898 I will confirm for you tomorrow.

The bin is 2.1.248901 and we've been running two days without the problem now.

We installed 2.1.248901 yesterday so far so good, it seems the problem was discovered on 2.1 (11) and someone forgot to tell everybody.

Its Looking good no faults to report after 2.1.248901

So.... does anyone know if 2.1.248901 introduces any other issues that are otherwise stable in the GA 2.1.24?? If not, can we expect this build to become the new GA standard??

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back