Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot proof with image size less than 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artifice

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
GB
Okay, I have another problem - lots today!! ;)

My proofer says I cannot import am image into In Design and then re-size it - if is causing the print machine to throw it out. Anyone else have this problem?#

It will be a bugger if I have to go into Photoshop and resize all three hundred images so that they appear in In Design at the right size and do not need resizing at all.....

Also, one hypothical question. If I accidentally set dpi in an image to 72 DPI but it is the right pixel size can I import it into In Design so that it appears to be the size of four pages and then drag it to the size of ine sheet of paper and have the dpi automatically fix itself for the finished PDF? I would have thought that shrinking a 72 dpi image by 4.16 in In Design would make that image become 300dpi in the finished document? Or am I just plain mad! ;)

Thanks - any advice gratefully received!

Mark

I work on circulars and coupon books and we resize images in ID all the time. If it's throwing out the file it could be because your printer doesn't have enough memory to hold the whole document at once. I have that problem with the 180 page document. Lots and lots of photos. You could try what I do. Print the file in sections and I would think you would be fine. If for some reason it comes down to having to change the sizing of all the photos (which it shouldn't) I would make a photoshop action. Then you can batch process the whole bunch without having to do each one individually.

As for the dpi on the image, in theory it should work in appearance, but I think it will still be flagged when you flightcheck the document. I think you would be better off fixing it in Photoshop first.

You are not mad. This is how it is supposed to work. Something seems screwy with the printer. If you want to continue with this printer, comply with their instructions.

I would consider a second opinion from another printer. You should never be tied to only one printer and their opinion... and your printers should know that you use other printers. It keeps them on their toes and prices low.

- - picklefish - -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back