Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot print

Status
Not open for further replies.

rphips

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2003
US
Hello Everyone

Don't know if this belongs here or in Terminal Server, or remote desktop but here goes. I have a user on Network 2, in his own domain with a network Printer (Printer A).

This user will VPN into network 1 where he then uses RDP to access his files on a TS server.

The problem is when he goes to print - He has a excel worksheet open on the TS Server and wants to print to the local printer on his network. It acts as though it printed but nothing prints.

Any suggestion would be greatly appriaciated

bob

rphips,
Do you have split tunneling enabled? Without it, the user cannot print to a networked printer in Network 2 while in the tunnel to Network 1. Basically when he is tunneled into Network 1, he can only use Network 1 devices, if the VPN is configured to allow that.

I am not recommending split tunneling as it has security implications. It is also a global setting so approach it carefully if you plan to enable it.

KMills

Hello everyone

here is the answer to my problem

The system (laptop) is a 64-bit using 64-bit drivers for the printer -- the terminal server is 2003 a 32-bit and uses 32-bit drivers -- according to everything I read they have to be the same - well duh there not

Sometimes I feel so stupid

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back