Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Print HTML Messages Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejay33

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2002
US
Hello All,

We have just upgraded our system from GW 6.5 to GW 8 SP1. Our staff is still running the 6.5 Client while IS tests the 8 SP1 client.

We are having an issue with the GW 8 clients printing HTML. It appears the wrong print engine is being used. I believe that GW should use the IE print engine when printing HTML but I can tell from the print dialog boxes that it is not. So what happens is I only end up with a message header.

This is not an issue with the GW 6.5 clients. I have had the message resent from the outside to one of our staff using the 6.5 client and it prints correctly. It also is consistent across all of the IS staff when printing HTML.

Are there some settings that I have wrong?

Mike - I have read several of your posts that speak on the IE engine being used to print HTML in the GW 8 clients so I believe it still should work like it did in GW 6.5. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel

I'm pretty sure that IE is the underlying engine. During the GW8 beta process, there were several goofy things we saw that showed up in the client, but were actually caused by various settings in IE. Can't remember any specifics right off. But I do recall having to go into IE, changing settings and applying, then it would work in GrouPWise.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back