Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot post Misc Log batches in project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
Just upgraded to version 10 and redid all security. I have been trying to figure this out for 3 days now to no avail. User has access to every window in project, every report and every file and the user setup in project has everything marked for every type in their user setup.

When they select a batch in the Misc Log Batch Entry and try and post they get "you do not have authorization to post transfer transactions."

I've granted them access to every inventory window, file, every payrol window etc, but nothing resolves this issue. I can post, but I am a poweruser. I cannot give this user that access.

How do we determine exactly what security access is required to perform a specific function? This new security is so annoying!

Not a GP security issue in GP, more of a Project Accounting rights for said user. I am no were near a copy at the moment so going off the top of my head, but I beleive there is a User Record for each PA user and you have to give Misc Log rights. It like the rights to assign is PDK.
Tools - Setup -Project - User - Misc Log and assign you rights. Probably would want to check the rest of the option as well.

As I mentioned above, her PA user setup has everything checked for every module in PA. I have triple verified that everything in MISC log is checked. She could post in version 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back