Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot ping my Windows 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModularIT

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
Hello

I've just built a new Windows 2003 Server (my first 2003 build) for a small home network and I can't ping it from client machines.

DHCP is active but it's not allocating addresses and when I apply static ip's to the clients I can ping the clients from the Server but not the Server from the clients. ICF service isn't running.

Any ideas what I've done wrong? I've been playing with it for a couple of hours now so any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Firewall is off.
Any other ideas?

Cheers

For your manually IP assignments, make sure that the subnet mask setting is correct
As to why your DHCP server doesn't work.. is it on a Windows domain and has it been authorized.

Hey guys

Thanks for all the assistance. After another hour or so of farting around it hit me...
When I verified the Firewall was disabled I got a message saying it was unable to be used because another service was using ipnat.sys... RRAS. Of course I played with the RRAS config and was able to unblock my internal network traffic.

All working now.
Thanks for the help.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back